Having already assembled an exceptionally skilled, diverse and passionate team of developers and data scientists, we are looking for world-class engineers that can lead the scale out of our adserver platform. Our stack is based on DFP and AppNexus. Given our unique location targeting capabilities, we extend these platforms to deliver completely unique capabilities. Our culture breeds excellence and embraces creativity as we look to innovate and drive our business forward. If you have a passion for imagining and building technology solutions that will make an immediate impact in an untapped space, we want to talk to you!
As a senior member of our Engineering team, you will own the design, development / integration and support of the next generation PlaceIQ Mobile Platform. Along with the technical chops necessary to build and deploy robust, high-performance, always available services that will scale to our clients’ needs, the ideal candidate will bring the right mix of creativity and development discipline to expand the standards of excellence that our Engineers and Data Scientists have already set.
We are looking for candidates with experience deploying and customizing sophisticated ad platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience with an adserver and have a very solid functional understanding of ad operations in addition to the technical chops to extend the system and rapidly debug system issues.
At PlaceIQ, we empower our team members to extend beyond traditional functional boundaries so that we can build game-changing products. Our Engineers will be the heart of Ops in developing and maintaining flexible services.
- BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field
- 3-5 years experience deploying and extending mobile/display ad serving platforms
- Full lifecycle development experience building high performance/low latency client-server architectures
- Experience with full web stack – database, app server, Tomcat, RESTful services
- Ad tech experience – solid functional understanding of ad server flow, protocols etc.
- Experience in UNIX/Linux environments
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns
- DFP administration and support
- Exposure to real-time bidding (high frequency trading/telecom) technologies is a big plus
This position is located in New York, NY. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Salary/Equity compensation commensurate on experience.
PlaceIQ is a rapidly growing, venture funded “Big Data” business with a tremendous opportunity to become the market leader in the exploding location intelligence marketplace. Starting with an extensive library of unstructured/unrelated geospatial, temporal and social data, PlaceIQ transforms location data into audience and insight, providing an unparalleled ability to intelligently define, reach and learn about an audience in the ever increasingly mobile world.