PlaceIQ is looking for an exception individual who can explore data, identify insights relevant to our clients’ business needs, and present confident data-led narratives. As a Reporting Analyst you will work closely with our strategy, sales, and marketing groups to provide them with insights and analytics from PlaceIQ’s location analytics platform. You will interface regularly with our team of data scientists to uncover insights from advertising campaigns into coherent, actionable narratives. Additionally, you will work with marketing and strategy to produce white papers, case studies, and other reports based on the movement of mobile devices in the real world contextualized by PlaceIQ’s locations analytics platform.
- Explore PlaceIQ’s analytics stack and transform it into media strategies to aid the sales team in closing new business.
- Build mid-campaign and post-campaign reports using XLS output from data science, identifying key insights, strategizing optimization tactics, and delivering the report to sales teams.
- Work with the data visualization team to best present these analytics results to customers.
- Present campaign reports to clients with the help of sales people, helping the client understand and value the delivered figures.
- Support marketing staff by obtaining data and producing narrative for case studies, white papers, and other works.
- Outline and build reports for public consumption, working with marketing to develop a narrative and telling a story using data.
- Explore PlaceIQs real world location data to help answer questions for brands as we begin to create the consumer behavior analytics tool of the future.
- Excel mastery
- Comfortable with Tableau
- Experience with Python, SQL, or R a plus
- Client-facing presentation skills and experience
- Ability to assemble data into a cohesive narrative, delivered via presentation or written document
- Experience with mobile marketing or geospatial systems a plus
This position can be located in New York, NY or Palo Alto, CA. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
PlaceIQ is a rapidly growing, venture funded “Big Data” business with a tremendous opportunity to become the market leader in the exploding location intelligence marketplace. Starting with an extensive library of unstructured/unrelated geospatial, temporal and social data, PlaceIQ transforms information into time and location context. Revolutionary techniques in data mining and machine learning at scale are being developed on a daily basis to uncover the reality of the world like no other company can.