We work in an agile environment focused on delivering high quality software through quick iterations. We don’t always stick to a particular programming language or adapt our requirements to fit within a particular technology stack. Software development, for us, focuses on the simple yet elegant solutions to complex problems. At PlaceIQ, we empower our team members to extend beyond traditional functional boundaries so that we can build game-changing products.
Here’s what we value as a team:
- Passion, technical expertise, and personal accomplishments
- Independent ownership of business problems and their solutions
- Solid engineering skills (e.g. design patterns, automated testing, fault-tolerant systems)
- Passion for aggressively automating everything we do
- Developers who can navigate around a Linux box and a production environment
- Experience with using open source tools and participating in an open source projects
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done
- Full stack engineer with great Front End experience.
- Someone who has experience building large data sets visualization interactive web UI.
- Must have a couple if not all of the following:
- Core Java version 7 and 8
- Spring IC
- Spring MVC
- HTML5/CSS3/JS (AngularJS/Backbone.js),
- Dependency managers (require.js or similar),
- Experience building RESTfull APIs
- Tomcat or similar Servlet container
- SQL (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with NoSQL databases is strongly preferred.
We also believe that good balance produces good results, so we provide:
- Competitive salaries, benefits and equity.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
PlaceIQ is a rapidly growing, venture-funded “Big Data” business with tremendous opportunity to become the market leader in the exploding location intelligence marketplace. Starting with an extensive library of unstructured/unrelated geospatial, temporal and social data, PlaceIQ transforms location data into hyper-targeted audiences and unique insights, providing an unparalleled ability to define, reach and learn about U.S. consumers in an increasingly mobile world.