Having already assembled an exceptionally skilled, diverse and passionate team of developers and data scientists, we are looking for world-class Operations engineers that can (or are willing to learn how to…) do it all. We are looking for someone who can run data pipelines using hadoop.
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• 1-3 years of proven development experience with Java (willing to take candidates who worked with running distributed jobs in school/research)
• Experience in UNIX/Linux environments
• Database Systems (SQL+NoSQL)
• Experience with Hadoop/Big Data paradigms
• Experience with running data pipelines using MapReduce, Hive, PIG or similar
This position is located in New York, NY. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Salary/Equity compensation commensurate on experience
PlaceIQ is a rapidly growing, venture funded “Big Data” business with a tremendous opportunity to become the market leader in the exploding location intelligence marketplace. Starting with an extensive library of unstructured/unrelated geospatial, temporal and social data, PlaceIQ transforms location data into audience and insight, providing an unparalleled ability to intelligently define, reach and learn about an audience in the ever increasingly mobile world.