PlaceIQ is seeking a Sr Marcomm Manager to manage public relations and events. Working within the Marketing department, this role is responsible for developing and executing our PR strategy and plan with our external firm.
The role will also be responsible for managing all of our sponsored events and local sales events across the country. The successful candidate will display the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs, priorities, and timelines, and have a demonstrated track record of managing public relations and events. Given the competitive market we operate in creating unique press coverage and memorable events is a challenge that requires prior experience and the willingness to take on big challenges.
Key Responsibilities, Skills, and Characteristics:
- Build PR strategy and plan
- Manage external PR firm with measurable metrics
- Support the Sales and Strategy teams in building and executing quarterly event plans
- Source thought leadership articles and speaking engagements
- Work alongside the Marketing and Creative teams to maintain brand identity in PR and events
- Curious, capable planner who enjoys working on communication challenges
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate marketing setting doing PR
- 1-2 years’ experience working in digital media is a plus
- Previous experience managing external PR firm
- Clear, concise communicator, ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of teams
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and creative problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Self-starter who is not afraid to take initiative
About the CompanyPlaceIQ is a rapidly growing, venture funded “Big Data” business with a tremendous opportunity to become the market leader in the exploding location intelligence marketplace. Starting with an extensive library of unstructured/unrelated geospatial, temporal and social data, PlaceIQ transforms location data into audience and insight, providing an unparalleled ability to intelligently define, reach and learn about an audience in the ever increasingly mobile world.