As an Audience Analyst at PlaceIQ, you will define, interpret and evaluate PlaceIQ Audience products and the data that powers them. The ideal candidate will apply a unique blend of analytical and creative skills to develop hypotheses, solve problems and contribute to the growth and composition of PlaceIQ’s suite of audience products. An Audience Analyst will leverage requirements from different business inputs to analyze and deliver new audiences, as well as identify opportunities to improve existing ones.
Applied knowledge in cultural anthropology and an understanding of qualitative market segmentation is preferred.
- Create audiences with ranging complexities and a variety of defining data types
- Conduct detailed audience analysis, perform database queries and reviews of test results, to validate, identify issues and formulate remediation plans for improvement
- Analyze different types of data geospatially to derive insights about relationships between locations, statistical measurements and qualitatively assess the data
- Identify and align opportunities for improvement with business cases and data quality goals
- Coordinate with cartography analysts to evaluate and scope data for new audience requests
- Document and communicate reports on audiences and other findings in different formats
- Participate in data management and audience initiatives involving multiple customers and provide subject matter expertise
- Experience with location-based or geospatial data is preferred
- Experience in market research, working with consumer analytics, insights and use cases preferred
- Knowledge of demographics, market segmentation and/or a background in cultural anthropology
- Business solution development – ability to ramp quickly on marketing / audience domain
- Highly effective written and verbal skills, experience generating and presenting content. Technical writing a bonus
- Data analysis skills – Creative and pragmatic analyst with a passion for understanding audience location and behavior
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby for manipulating data
- Experience working in an Agile environment a bonus
About the CompanyWe are a rapidly growing venture funded ‘Big Data’ business pursuing a tremendous opportunity to become the market leader in the exploding location intelligence marketplace. Starting with an extensive library of unstructured/unrelated geospatial, temporal and social data, PlaceIQ transforms location data into audience and insights, providing an unparalleled ability to intelligently define, reach and learn about an audience in the ever increasingly mobile world.