Role and Responsibilities
In order to provide the most efficient service possible to our customers, SMS Assist is seeking a technical expert in the area of Pest Control to provide technical expertise to our internal employees and our customers. This is an office based position that does not generally require hands-on work/repair.
- Serve as a technical expert and resource for Operations/Customer Service Managers in our Facilities Department
- Prepare, review, and approve quotes and invoices for facilities maintenance work (pricing, scope, etc.).
- Serve as key point of contact and be able to resolve contract issues with sub-contractors
- Experienced pest control professional with the ability to identify infestation and extent of damage to property
- Ability to study reports or diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
- Knowledge of technical data concerning chemicals used and their application
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations regarding pest control
- Experience advising customers of potential problems
- Knowledge of pest control providers and pricing models
- Knowledge of EPA standards
- Ability to review and approve quotes and invoices
- Strong verbal communication/negotiation skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to develop relationships with sub-contractors
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Awareness of risk mitigation techniques
- Strong desire and ability to contribute to and work with a team
- Ability to solve problems
- Takes initiative to proactively solve problems
- Ability to collaborate with others in a corporate/office environment
Experience and Education
- Hands-on technical expertise in the field
- Work experience in retail facilities maintenance
- Relevant industry certifications are a plus
About SMS Assist
SMS Assist is revolutionizing multisite property management using our unique business model and proprietary cloud-based technology platform. SMS Assist provides a fully managed business solution to more than 90,000 client locations with a network of over 20,000 affiliate subcontractors. Using its unique business model and proprietary cloud-based technology platform, SMS Assist continuously reduces client costs to maintain their properties, while improving service quality and speed of delivery. SMS Assist is a Pritzker Group portfolio company.