China has the world’s fastest growing retail market and Rubikloud is poised to capitalize on both the market and data opportunity within this growth region. Rubikloud has a strategic partner who is a leader in online and offline retail in China with billions of annual GMV. Rubikloud is looking for a partner success manager to manage the relationship and help build out the revenue generating components of the partnership. This role will report directly into the Rubikloud CEO and have on the ground autonomy to develop and build out the local business opportunities.
- Do you love the growing Chinese e-commerce and retail market?
- Are you interested in international business development and the Chinese economy?
- Do you love exploring large amounts of data and how it relates to demographic changes in shopping behavior
- Are you interested in being at the ground floor of an exponential opportunity?
- Do you love retail innovation?
- Do you love working with a smart, solution-oriented and considerate group of people?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then this role and Rubikloud is for you!
- Responsible for the success and development of the partner relationship in China which includes delivering on product and implementation requirements AND building out the business
- Building out a multi-million dollar business opportunity
- Work with the Rubikloud engineers who are on secondment to ensure timely delivery of engineering and product commitments
- Work with senior executive management members at our partner to build out the business opportunity and generate significant revenue
- Work with consumer packaged goods partners in China on data monetization opportunities
- Report to CEO regularly on progress and strategic requirements for the long term scalability of the region
- Make real-time decisions that may have significant implications for the partnership and overall opportunity
- Extensive travel (6 month secondment with travel back to Toronto every 4-6 weeks)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or engineering. Engineering background with MBA.
- Ability to think on their feet and make real-time decisions
- Experience working with senior executives in complex business relationships
- Native or Fluent Mandarin (written and spoken) and English
- 5+ years professional experience in retail, analytics, or consumer packaged goods
- Strong consumer packaged goods experience
- Demonstrated clear past success in working autonomously to build a business unit
- Self-motivated and good sense of ownership – comfortable working in a fast paced environment with limited direction
- If successful, this person should show interest in eventually leading the Asia region for Rubikloud as the general manager for the region.
Rubikloud is a retail intelligence platform focused on turning retail data into revenue. Most analytics or big data companies are repackaging static reporting tools or open source libraries that were not built for retail. Using modern data science techniques we help retailers optimize their business for every channel (e-commerce, mobile, and brick and mortar). The Rubikloud platform does three things. First, it connects, cleanses, and automatically formats the most important data sources from the retailer (e-commerce platform, POS, CRM, product feeds, etc). Secondly, with RUDI, retailers will never have to build a report again as insights are delivered in real-time. Finally, our optimization engine helps the retailer maximize their ROI on all marketing and promotion decisions. Founded in late 2013, Rubikloud has raised $9m lead by Horizons Ventures and is currently delivering insights and processing data for over a dozen retailers, with combined revenue of over $50 billion annually.