Daily tasks range from overall UI/UX enhancement throughout all different parts of the site to the implementation of entirely new features. At all stages, you will have substantial independence to shape our site, working with a team of outstanding developers.
- Graduate from a degree related to IT and Computer Science, and/or equivalent demonstrable web development experience.
- Experience with responsive, mobile-first site design and development.
- Strong cross-browser and cross-platform testing and debugging ability.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Ability to suggest and implement progressive UX/UI improvements.
- Strong design sense and ability to effectively communicate ideas & opinions.
- Attention to detail. Creatively include the word “marathon” in your cover letter if you’re reading this.
- Hardworking and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Strong SEO skills.
- Experience with MySQL
- Familiarity with OpenCart & WordPress, as well as other MVC frameworks.
- Experience with integrating with third-party services, API.
Salary will be discussed upon job offer and will be calculated based upon an individual candidate’s skills, experience and knowledge.
If this position piques your interest, please respond to this posting directly by submitting your resume and cover letter. Educate yourself on how to use Parkbench.com inside and out before applying. Go on the site, write reviews, get deals, know what you like about the site and what you would improve. Then, in a paragraph, explain your experience using Parkbench and why you would like to work for us.
About the CompanyDo you want to work for a fast growing startup, with a young and fun team, who has epic mystery monthly parties and take out team lunches on Fridays?Then Parkbench is for you!Our mission is to be the most neighbourhood-centric company in the world and change the way that the people, businesses, and nonprofits interact in their communities.We are the fastest growing neighborhood-based company in Canada, and were recognized as one of the top emerging tech companies to watch in 2015 by Rocket Builders.We are looking for passion, ideas, and someone who will think working at Parkbench is play. You will be working with other bright and motivated young professionals in a fast paced start-up environment.Our developers will work with our CTO, Dr. Rodney Hoinkes, Harvard Graduate, and Professor at the University of Toronto. Dr. Hoinkes has over 20 years in technology, data, and development, and in 1992, won a prize from Apple for creating one of the original versions of the iPad.