OpinionLab is seeking a Software Developer to join our Chicago, IL based Product Development team in the West Loop.
OpinionLab has chosen Clojure to solve our data processing problems. As a member of our small (less than 20) but dedicated Product Development team, you will play a critical role in the architecture, design, development, and deployment of our Clojure based applications and services. Our ongoing challenge is to transform streams of independent comments into actionable intelligence for our customers in real time. If you are interested in applying functional programming techniques to help uncover the secrets hidden in our data, we have plenty of work for you.
You will fit in at OpinionLab if you are always:
- Learning and improving your craft
- Helping others grow, sharing what you know, and jumping in wherever you can
- Leaving everything better than you found it
You will be responsible for:
- Building software using agile practices.
- Developing scalable data collection, storage, processing & distribution platforms & services.
- Architecture and design of a mission critical SaaS platform and associated APIs.
- Learning and teaching Clojure to other developers individually and in a study group
Experience Required – You must:
- Have experience in one or more object-oriented and/or functional programming languages
- Desire to learn Clojure (if you haven’t already)
- Be willing to work in multiple programming languages
- Have experience with Web development or creating Web services
- Have experience with a test automation frameworks
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Be willing to participate in pair programming (at least some of the time)
- Write well-designed, efficient code
- Have worked with one or more relational databases (we currently use PostgreSQL)
- Have experience with source control
Bonus Points if You:
- Understand messagebased (RabbitMQ, 0MQ or similar), asynchronous, and eventdriven architectures
- Enjoy contributing to Open Source software projects
- Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include medical, dental, life and disability insurances, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, 401K with employer match, FSA plan
To apply for this job, please send a cover letter detailing your abilities and your most recent resume to email@example.com, or fill out our resume submission form by following the link to the left. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.