Jet.com is seeking an Operations Manager for our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Gardner, KS. Jet is a well-funded ecommerce start-up which plans to be one of the hottest companies of 2015 (you will wish you could go “Back in Time” if you don’t pounce on this opportunity)! We have already recruited some of the best people in the country, so you will be working with a very smart team in an exciting, high-growth company.
All staff in our Fulfillment Centers are responsible for getting Jet customers their orders. As an Operations Manager, you are responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operation of a single or multiple departments within the Fulfillment Center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Hiring, coaching, mentoring, counselling and performance management of Associates
- Identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement in safety, quality, service and productivity
- Assist in workforce planning for the department/FC
- In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at 88 MPH… our growth is relentless.
Additional Job Elements:
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 5+ years relevant leadership experience
- Experience managing salaried and hourly staff
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field; Graduate Degree is a plus
- 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or order fulfillment environment
- Management of salaried staff and at least 30 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
The smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Jet.com is a new e-commerce start up that launched this July with a mission to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. We start with great prices on millions of items from TVs to toilet paper. Then, our secret sauce kicks in. As you shop, our pricing engine flags Smart Items that cost less when bought together and gives you extra savings on your order when you build a Smart Cart with these products.