What we are looking for?
Cloudreach is looking for a number of capable sysadmin engineers or developers who have a passion for operations with 3-5 years relevant experience who are keen to grow their technical and business skills in a fast growing company. We’d like to see someone who has had exposure to infrastructure with automation. If you are curious about the Cloud and have possibly dabbled with AWS and Google Apps we want to speak to you. We subscribe to the concept of “DevOps”, where we use development skills in the operational environment in order to increase service quality. Typically our customers use an extensive array of technology running on either Linux (with Open Source) or the Microsoft stack.The beauty of this role is that as the hardware layer is abstracted, you focus on honing your technical skills, and the interesting stuff, rather the heavy lifting. The intent is to fix or work around the root cause of operational issues, so that they do not reoccur.
You will be working with the following new technologies (and more):
- Linux / Open Source
- Microsoft technologies
- Management of and automation of management of these systems
- Amazon Elastic Computing cloud
- Google Apps
- Action incident / problem cases related to the support of customer systems in line with Service Level Agreements
- Liaise with customer directly in the case of major incidents
- Carry out pro-active maintenance
- Action service requests
- Ensure knowledge of the platforms is accurately maintained
- Produce statistical information as required to support ITIL reports
- Assist in customer migrations by Service Delivery teams (to Google Apps / Amazon Web Services)
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Attitude, if you’re not full of energy and enthusiasm, there’s no need to apply
- You have a strong eye for detail, and are persistent (and consistent!) in achieving what you set out to achieve
- You are highly numerate and analytical, and understand how to optimise numerical problems.
- You have a good business head, you are commercially aware of your impact on the business and you can prioritise accordingly.
- You are customer centric, and realise the value of providing excellent customer services.
- You get cloud computing, and know how it is changing the way that applications, services and business itself is run.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent Linux and/or Microsoft system administration skills
- Scripting and Automation experience of Operating Systems and Services
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Flexible working, including out of hours support
- Internet technologies (mail systems, domain name systems, web services)
- A good planner and communicator (spoken and written English, other languages a plus)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Valid work visa
- ITIL aware
- We value hard demonstrated experience over everything else, however a strong bachelorsdegree or masters equivalent in Informatics, Engineering or Computer Sciences from leading university will definitely push your CV to the top of the list.
Cloudreach are a pioneering cloud computing startup, working in close partnership with Amazon, Google and Salesforce. We're at the forefront of computing technology, working with our customers to use the cloud for such things as processing DNA sequences, connecting their employees together, and building bespoke mobile and web applications for a number of clients in a variety of sectors. As a consultancy, our work is very varied, working with a broad range of leading programming languages, frameworks, and operating systems. We believe in making cloud computing happen for our customers — staying ahead of the technology curve. We value the individuality of our team members, being easy to work with, and helping everyone grow to reach their full potential.