OhSayNation is empowering citizens with a voice and a direct line to Congress. OhSayNation employs the most cutting-edge technology to make it as easy, effective, and efficient as possible for citizens to express themselves to elected officials, and then delivers the data to policymakers in a way that optimizes their decision-making. We are working with government leaders, activists, and policy innovators to make information flow into Washington more dynamic and effective than ever.
As we grow, we our looking for a motivated self-starter to join our editorial team. The role will involve regular content updates reflecting current events and trending national news. We provide unbiased facts about key issues, as well as political poll questions and fun quizzes to help people learn about key national issues. If you are a news junkie with a voice, we want you!
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
• Write accurate, compelling and neutral issue headlines
• Edit issue articles written by other team members / site users
• Create daily poll questions and daily quizzes
• Work with social media team to create compelling content
• Identify new ideas and opportunities
• Work in collaborative environment
And here are the skills & experience you have:
• Experience working for a college or professional news org / large website
• Genuine love for internet content
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-confidence, resourcefulness and enthusiasm for your work
• Ability to learn fast, work hard and be creative
• Thrive in a fast-growing, startup culture
We are based in NYC, but open to remote work with regular check-ins via Skype or Google Hangouts. At OhSayNation we believe in empowering people and creating change. We hope you’ll join us on this mission!