As an Office Manager you will report to the Chief Operating Officer. You will be responsible for organizing and coordinating with all departments in ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency. We are looking for somebody who is highly organized, loves multi-tasking and has a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude to help out wherever is needed to ensure that the office runs smoothly. As well, you are somebody that is energetic, possesses strong interpersonal skills, loves to smile and have fun! If you love wearing many hats, enjoy working in a fast paced environment and want to join a high growth company, then this is the role for you
7 million unique apps for the 7 million small businesses who have customers & employees.
We enable entrepreneurs to succeed in their dreams of building great companies by simplifying the unique way they get their work done and serve customers.
- Ensuring that the office, conference room and meeting rooms are kept neat and presentable at all times.
- Acquiring Friday treats and beers
- Maintaining adequate levels of office supplies and ordering as necessary
- Forwarding emails from the general mailbox to the appropriate departments
- Booking hotels and flights for conferences and retreats
- Supporting the team attending conferences by booking, reserving and acquiring all necessary supplies
- Creating, documenting and distributing administrative policies. In addition to keeping our internal wiki updated.
- Liaising with departments to resolve administrative issues
- Execution of internal company events, like the Methoder All Hands, by booking reservations and gathering required supplies
- Create an engaging schedule for social events
Billing and Expenses
- Taking billing calls and directing to the appropriate departments/persons
- Handling customer billing disputes and involving the appropriate departments/persons if necessary
- Contacting customers with overdue balances/returned payments and collecting payment
- Adjusting customer invoices and providing refunds
- Applying and removing holds on customer accounts
- Ensuring that team projects are being kept within budget and update the related parties with variances
- Preparing, entering and reconciling expense reports
- Contacting approved vendors and providing payment
Front Office HR
- Review and publish job postings
- Conducting screening through phone interviews with potential candidates
- Coordinating with managers to schedule appointments for interviews
- Preparing and setting up work stations for new Methoders
- Ensuring that new Methoders have an amazing onboarding experience and are aware of general company policies
- Ensuring that Methoders are added to internal office lists
- Maintaining all internal Methoder lists
- Conducting a general orientation with new staff
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role at a growing company.
- Post-secondary education/degree/diploma.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Super Organizational Skills.
- Positive Attitude.
- Team Player.
- Detail Oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills. You much be passionate about your ability to always find solutions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- You should possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- Experience in the SAAS industry or at a CRM company is a plus.
- Fun team environment.
- Small company experience – working for a small company like Method gives you deep insight to the inner workings of how a software company operates, as you will be expected to become involved in many discussions: from new product features, to marketing campaigns, to operational policies and procedures! It is the kind of experience you can only get from a small company.
- Training – You will receive initial and ongoing training on Method’s products, policies and procedures.
- Great downtown location – Method is located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant ‘King West’ technology hub at the corner of King Street and Spadina Ave.
- Great working hours – Method’s company culture is perfect for those who strive for a good work/life balance.
- Competitive salary plus potential bonuses!
- Health care and dental plan.
Method Integration Inc. creates web applications for SMBs (small and medium sized businesses). Our apps have strong integrations with other SMB apps, such as QuickBooks and Google Apps. Our flagship product is Method CRM, a web app made specifically for small businesses using QuickBooks accounting software. What sets Method CRM apart is its patent-pending accounting synchronization engine, and its ability to be completely customized from head-to-toe. Lots of opportunity - we're already a successful startup with 1000s of paying users, VC-funded, and are experiencing skyrocketing growth.