This position is a for real, pure development opportunity. If you want to write great code that solves real problems and contributes immediately to a successful software product rather than be “involved” or test the code of others, then this is for you. We are the creator of a powerful platform that connects various data sources together and provides a visual analytics tool. (www.analyticscanvas.com) We particularly work closely with Google and with Tableau Software, and take pride in being at the cutting edge of Google Analytics integration. We need to build and enhance connectors between our framework and other platforms, including Google, adwords and Facebook, salesforce.com, and many other possibilities. We also have plans to create our own web based API.
You will investigate and understand third party REST, SOAP and other APIs, and design a strategy for connecting to these APIs, and extracting data.
- Investigate typical use cases with nModal clients and prospects and ensure that data requirements are met by the extractor and query definition user interfaces.
- Develop in C# the connectors that make all required http calls to extract data (generally in JSON or other XML formats) and then convert this data into a format that is compatible with the Analytics Canvas framework.
- Participate in the design of user interface functionality for query definition, and develop the query specification classes used by the connector to retrieve the desired data.
- Work with our partners and customers to test connectors in beta, and develop case studies and use cases.
Ability to learn new APIs and platforms quickly
- Excellent communication skills- ability to communicate clearly with users to understand requirements
- Excellent C#, Java or other object oriented development skills
- Experience in using RESTful web APIs (http JSON XML in .net)
- Database knowledge, familiarity with data modeling concepts
- Google BigQuery experience/knowledge an asset
- Google Analytics experience/knowledge an asset
- Tableau Software experience/knowledge an asset
- Facebook Graph API experience/knowledge an asset