In all our team members we look for people who have strong digital and organizational skills and who will focus on providing good service to our sponsors, clients, readers, and friends through digital media and innovative communications strategies.
Our generalist intern will assist in all aspects of New York International including office administration, planning events (managing guest lists, location branding, agenda planning), and keeping the website updated with fresh content. He or she will also be assigned research projects and articles each week to be completed on an agreed-upon schedule.
· Strong computer skills & must be highly computer literate
· Exceptional organizational and planning skills
· Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
· Ability to meet deadlines, a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, and self-direction
· Diligence, organization, and vicious attention to detail — ability to prioritize
· A desire to work at a young, entrepreneurial company — hands-on with a “no job is too small” attitude
· Strong grammar, writing, and communication skills
· Familiarity with spreadsheets and online tools such as DropBox and Google Drive
· Familiarity with social media including Twitter, Google+ and Facebook is a plus.
This would be a 3-month internship with the option to extend to 6 months if the intern’s work is exemplary.
Please send your digital profile (websites, blogs, LinkedIn profiles) as well as a short paragraph on why you would be interested in working with New York International to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About New York International
New York International is a web-based media and technology venture dedicated to helping others “make it in New York.” The company provides concepts, content, and internationalization support believing that future opportunities will evolve around urban hubs. What matters in New York City will soon matter in the world. New York International leverages the city’s trend-leading position for the benefit of citizens, businesses, and political decision makers alike.