In all our team members we look for people who have strong digital and organizational skills, can-do attitudes, and who will focus on providing good service to our sponsors, clients, readers, and friends through digital media and innovative communications strategies.
Our marketing and events associate will assist in all aspects of New York International’s marketing, publicity, and events (ranging from small one-time events to 3-day conferences) including: managing social media, creating and executing a cutting-edge digital marketing strategy, designing materials for marketing, developing an event agenda and following up with potential speakers and panelists, managing invitation and attendee lists, and venue setup. He or she must also be flexible and ready to branch into and learn about areas beyond the job description.
- Must be highly computer literate
- Must possess a keen interest in the area of digital marketing
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, and self-direction
- Diligence, organization, and vicious attention to detail — ability to prioritize
- A desire to work at a young, entrepreneurial company — hands-on with a “no job is too small” attitude
- A positive desire to improve the company
- Strong grammar, writing, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with online tools such as DropBox and Google Drive
- Strong knowledge of using social media for marketing
- Experience using design software such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, or GIMP
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Must be comfortable using content management systems like WordPress and Joomla
Please send your digital profile (websites, blogs, LinkedIn profiles) as well as a short paragraph on why you would be interested in working with New York International to email@example.com.
About New York International
New York International is a web-based media and technology venture dedicated to helping others “make it in New York.” The company provides concepts, content, and internationalization support believing that future opportunities will evolve around urban hubs. What matters in New York City will soon matter in the world. New York International leverages the city’s trend-leading position for the benefit of citizens, businesses, and political decision makers alike.