In all our team members we look for people who have strong digital and organizational skills and who will focus on providing good service to our sponsors, clients, readers, and friends through digital media and innovative communications strategies.
Our editorial and web publishing associate will assist in all aspects of New York International’s publishing including: writing and editing content, posting content to our website, website administration, and making sure our digital and physical presence is professional, up-to-date, and forward-looking at all times. He or she must also be flexible and ready to branch into and learn about areas beyond the job description.
- Strong computer skills & must be highly computer literate
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, and self-direction
- Diligence, organization, and vicious attention to detail — ability to prioritize
- A desire to work at a young, entrepreneurial company — hands-on with a “no job is too small” attitude
- Strong grammar, writing, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with spreadsheets, Microsoft Word (including “track changes” feature), and online tools such as DropBox and Google Drive
- Familiarity with social media such as Twitter, Google+ and Facebook
- Copy editing / proofreading experience preferred
- Basic web design skills (HTML, CSS, experience with WordPress)
Please send your digital profile (websites, blogs, LinkedIn profiles) as well as a short paragraph on why you would be interested in working with New York International to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About New York International
New York International is a web-based media and technology venture dedicated to helping others “make it" in New York. The company provides concepts, content, and internationalization support believing that future opportunities will evolve around urban hubs. What matters in New York City will soon matter in the world. New York International leverages the city’s trend-leading position for the benefit of citizens, businesses, and political decision makers alike.