The Product Owner is responsible for helping define, direct, and launch our software products. We are looking for an unique individual who can synthesize information from our current customers, our employees, the market, and the competitive landscape to conceive and build game-changing products with differentiated value propositions. You will recruit and lead a team of creative designers and product managers and define the company’s overall product roadmap.
You should be an expert in agile development processes and lean startup methods and be able to understand software, user interface design, and the business needs of marketers and be able to simplify complex and sometimes competing requirements. You will also be a strong communicator who is equally adept at talking to engineers, salespeople, marketers, and customers.
Responsibilities of the Product Owner:
- Own Movable Ink’s go-to-market strategies, strategic positioning, and product launches for all new and existing product, solution, and professional services offerings
- Manage entire product lifecycle
- Conduct customer development to validate assumptions and analysis to verify an addressable market
- Develop Product Requirements Document and work with designers and engineers to define, prioritize, and deliver core products
- Define a unique value proposition relative to other products in the marketing ecosystem
- Become an expert on up-and-coming technologies that create new opportunities
Basic Qualifications Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in a product management role at SaaS and/or marketing software company
- Demonstrated domain expertise in the marketing space
- Proven experience in customer development, product definition, feature scoping, and balancing tradeoffs for industry-leading business software products
- Possesses a keen user interface intuition and guide a team of designers
- Proven success using the Lean Startup/Customer Development Process and bringing a quantifiable track record
- Understands tools available to marketers today, weaknesses in the process, and has strong opinions about great product design
- Software engineering background
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and recruit the best product management and design talent
- Startup and business software experience a plus
About Movable Ink
Movable Ink is the leading provider of agileEMAIL Marketing technology. Since the channel's inception, email has been frozen in time when a marketer hits the "Send" button. With Agile Email Marketing from Movable Ink, email can now be dynamically updated in real-time based on each recipient's time, location, device, and social context at the moment of open. Hundreds of innovative brands such as American Eagle Outfitters, Seamless, Lilly Pulitzer, and Finish Line use Movable Ink to enhance customer engagement and increase marketing ROI. The company is based in New York City and is backed by Intel Capital, Contour Venture Partners, Metamorphic Ventures, ff Ventures, Kima Ventures and email veterans such as Bob Pittman, Andy Russell, Josh Baer, and Alan Laifer. For more information, visit http://www.movableink.com and http://www.pinterest.com/movableink.