The Data Science team is part of the Product, Data Science, and Technology business unit, which partners extensively with business development and client engagement teams.
The Data Science team develops innovative and scalable solutions, products, and tools to:
• Optimize narrative analysis leveraging Natural Language Processing, linguistic analysis, and social network analysis
• Innovate in text mining using information retrieval, semantic modeling, and contextual analysis
• Substantiate analytical objective judgment with data science and machine learning
• Quantify narrative qualitative methods with advanced analytics and predictive modeling techniques
We are looking for an expert in probabilistic modeling and statistics to research and develop prototypes of new algorithms that will improve Monitor 360’s Narrative Analytics offering. You will partner with product, data engineering, and technology, and use data to derive actionable insights that will drive our analytic outcomes, efficiency, and client impact. You will be leading efforts on exploratory analytics for standard and new metrics, and other analytical projects.
In this role, you will be actively working on ways to optimize Narrative Analytics using algorithms applied to big data. The products we build are diverse and range from social network analysis to narrative identification, emotion analysis, and influencer detection. Many of the analytic approaches that we are developing will involve the opportunity to do groundbreaking applied research.
If you have a passion for predictive modeling and data, are interested in pushing the envelope in Narrative Analytics, and love working with the latest technologies in a fast-paced, agile environment, then we want to talk to you.
This position in based in our San Francisco office and reports to our Director of Product Analytics.
• Lead the research and development of statistical and machine learning models for narrative analysis and social network analysis
• Translate unstructured, complex business problems into abstract analytical or mathematical frameworks
• Analyze analytics requirements and recommend techniques and metrics to minimize false positive and false negative
• Build analytics products, technology, tools, and visualizations to monitor the performance of impactful metrics
• Conduct deep analyses and use your product sense to interpret the results and help drive key product decisions
• Present your research and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely
• Drive innovation by exploring new statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our narrative analysis
• Ability to conduct big data analytics across social and news networks
• Experience in statistical analysis, machine learning, factor/cluster/regression analysis, and classification algorithms
• Hands-on with predictive modeling techniques such as multivariate regression, logistic regression, time series, neural network, support vector machine, and random forest
• Experience with design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning
• Proficiency in one statistical analysis tool such as R, Matlab, or SAS
• Experience in programming languages like Python, Java, or SQL
• Experience working with large data sets, distributed computing tools MapReduce, Hadoop, Pig, Hive or other NoSQL experience, DW/BI
• PhD or MS degree in CS, Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Econometrics, Operations Research, or related field.
• 4+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics and large amount of data to drive significant business impact.
• US citizen
• Background in narrative discourse analysis, linguistic analysis, multi-media analytics
• Experience with exploratory, analytical, reporting, and visualization Tableau or other data viz tools
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to describe the logic and implications of a complex model to all types of business partners
• Experience with agile software development methodologies
A few more things to know:
• Our culture is unique and we live by our values
• You should be comfortable working in an agile environment. Requirements can be vague. Iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and take smart risks.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, in Word or PDF format, along with a compelling cover letter that describes your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit for the job. Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates who will contribute to our diversity.
About Monitor 360
Monitor 360 is the Narrative Analytics™ and strategy company. Our A-list clients include Charles Schwab, PG&E, Salesforce, VMWare, The White House, and the Gates Foundation. Monitor 360 is a revenue-generating start-up, backed by respected investors. We are building upon our success in providing strategic counsel to government agencies by growing our staff and bringing the Narrative Analytics approach and techniques to solving complex business problems to new markets. We are innovating at all fronts and in growth mode. We are looking for high-energy collaborators who embody our values of clarity, generosity, exploration, and integrity.For more information go to www.monitor-360.com.