Monitor 360 is looking for a natural relationship-builder who is comfortable with ambiguity, loves an intellectual challenge, and has a track record of B-to-B sales success. The Business Development Manager will help Monitor 360 achieve aggressive targets in growing Narrative Analytics to the corporate market. Narrative Analytics™ is a break-through strategic process for helping organizations understand the narratives that most impact brands, companies, and industries. Monitor 360 helps clients analyze and shape narratives to their advantage, bringing clarity to their most complex problems. Monitor 360 serves elite clients including Salesforce.com, the Gates Foundation, VMware, and elite ranks of the US government.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying new client opportunities, building close relationships, and independently generating $1 million or more in revenue in this new business area.
Relationship Building and Strategic Selling:
• Develop close and trusted client relationships, from first contact
• Understand client needs and be able to match them with Monitor 360’s unique capabilities
• Use consultative sales techniques and creativity to develop a new market
Management of Pipeline:
• Rapid follow-up on leads and conversion from “interest” to project identification
• Generate client interest and understanding of Monitor 360’s unique capabilities through in-person meetings, calls, emails, and web-based presentations.
• Finalize new relationships by coordinating requirements, working with project teams to scope work, developing proposals, and navigating contract requirements
• Use Salesforce.com for relationship management and reporting
Planning and Strategy:
• Work closely with the marketing team to strategize and build the pipeline
• Create sales plans and strategies for new client segments or accounts
• Deliver timely and actionable market feedback to the product and project teams
5+ years outside direct sales experience, with focus in consultative and solution-oriented sales approaches
Experience selling B-to-B technology or services to Fortune 1000 clients
Comfort with ambiguity and building a new market
Ability to confidently call on the highest level of decision-makers in an organization
Ability to research a market segment and develop a go-to-market strategy
Exceptional communication, presentation, follow-up, negotiation, and closing skills
Strong emphasis on the ability to listen and present appropriate solutions
Intellectual curiosity and a passion for solving complex problems
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, in Word or PDF format, along with a compelling cover letter that describes your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit for the job. Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates who will contribute to our diversity.
About Monitor 360
Monitor 360 is the Narrative Analytics™ and strategy company. Our A-list clients include Charles Schwab, PG&E, Salesforce, VMWare, The White House, and the Gates Foundation. Monitor 360 is a revenue-generating start-up, backed by respected investors. We are building upon our success in providing strategic counsel to government agencies by growing our staff and bringing the Narrative Analytics approach to solving complex business problems to new markets. We are looking for high-energy collaborators who embody our values of clarity, generosity, exploration, and integrity.