PostBeyond is seeking a top-notch, self-directed Mobile Software Engineer (Android) with a desire to build innovative and exciting mobile applications. The Engineering Team at PostBeyond is responsible for our Advocacy Marketing platform that delivers a personalized content engine for groups of advocates to share with their personal social networks. In this role, you will work with a team of engineers to design and develop our proprietary applications. We’ve launched a modern platform that makes it easy for us to experiment, test and ship new features. Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented and passionate about performance and usability.
As an Android Developer, you will support and develop PostBeyond for Android application primarily in Java and using the Android SDK. You will also be involved in development of the PostBeyond SDK library and various additional components as well as develop internal projects that might be released as part of contribution to the Open Source community.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the PostBeyond experience for the Android platform
- Building next-generation advocacy platform mobile app with a focus on the client side.
- Prototype new and redesign features as well as refactor existing source code
- Build modular well organized Android application with MVC principle.
- A focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK
- BS or MS Computer Science or 4+ years in relevant work experience
- 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 2+ years building Android applications in Java
- 2+ years mobile application development experience
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience programming in Python and/or C++.
- Experience in understanding large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable.
- Proficient in the following technologies: Java language and related frameworks Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices Understanding of caching mechanisms
At PostBeyond, we’re dedicated to solving problems in communications. Ivan Tsarynny (co-founder), coming from a background at Dale Carnegie and various training and communications companies, always thought that employees are a company’s most valuable assets. This is why he started an employee engagement & advocacy software company. Employees add to the bottom line in various ways, and frankly, they ARE the company. Now what if you empowered these employees on social media, considering that collectively they have a much wider reach than any brand channel? This passion for people and business communications turned into a software company with dozens of clients and thousands of users. PostBeyond’s platform enables employees and partners to post approved brand content to their personal networks in an efficient, consistent, and measurable way.