The TechOps team builds and manages MediaMath’s infrastructure and data centers across four continents. The TechOps team is responsible for monitoring, expanding, contracting, and providing connectivity for all the servers, operating systems, and software that gets deployed to them. They manage and monitor how the software will work in production and run in a real environment. Their ultimate goal is zero outages and painless, managed downtime as they scale and update our massive distributed systems.
As an SRE on the TechOps team, you will be front-and-center in the effort to keep our distributed services fast and reliable, 100% of the time. Our SREs are embedded on development teams, becoming experts on our systems while providing their TechOps expertise to the product release process. You will understand how our systems behave and will be responsible for ensuring they run stably and securely.
- Manage the scalability, performance, and availability of MediaMath platform APIs by solving for reliability against existing systems and services spanning the entire stack.
- Develop tools and automation to minimize delivery time and increase developer productivity.
- Participate in the design and development of new and evolving services, architecture, and performance standards.
- Support team members in the development of a SOA strategy and migration path.
- Participate in capacity planning and service performance analysis and tuning.
- Respond to and resolve emergent issues. Be on-call periodically as part of shared team.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including experience with high-volume, production distributed systems environment
- Fluency with Python, Perl, Shell, Ruby, Scala, Go, or similar
- Experience managing and deploying full stack, distributed services
- Experience with system automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack, etc
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, and pipeline analysis tools such as Nagios, Sensu, Graphite, Riemann, Logstash, etc
- Expertise in the use and optimization of SQL
- Experience with queuing/data-pipelining solutions such as Storm, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc
- Experience with systems such as PostgresSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, CouchDB, Redis, and Memcached
- Exposure to AWS and OpenStack APIs preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
MediaMath is a global technology company that's leading the movement to revolutionize traditional marketing and empowering marketers to unleash the power of goal-based marketing at scale, transparently across the enterprise. Our platform - TerminalOne Marketing Operating System - handles billions of transactions every hour and hundreds of millions of internet users every day, which means every solution must be built to scale. Our breakthroughs create new marketplaces and solve long-standing problems in an industry that is constantly evolving. Our engineers are building the leading technology platform to power the new digital marketing ecosystem, and we are looking for driven, curious innovators to join our team. In achieving their duties and responsibilities, MediaMath employees embody the Math Values of SPACE: Scalable Innovation, Performance, Accountability, Collaboration, and Empowerment.