MDCalc is seeking a Full Stack Developer to play a prominent role in a technology-driven heatlhcare company with projects including web, API and mobile app development, and future integrations into emerging healthcare platforms.
Our core technologies include HTML/CSS/JS, WordPress/PHP for the website and Node.js, JSON, MongoDB for the API. We have plans to migrate our website to a new framework such as Angular.js or Backbone.js. A basic understanding of Objective-C, Swift and/or Java would be beneficial for helping to manage the mobile app development team.
The right kind of candidate has more than just the technical skills needed here. This person can recognize the growth phase in a company and see the opportunity to have a huge impact by being a problem solver and strategic advisor to the leadership team. This is an opportunity to be influential in a company that is changing healthcare for the better.
MDCalc is an established and profitable start-up, founded more than a decade ago by MDs who recognize the importance of clinical decision support in delivering higher quality, more efficient care to patients. Each month, we serve about 1/3 of US medical professionals who use our free tools at point-of-care, i.e. when engaging with patients.
Our ideal candidate:
· Interested in working a minimum of 20 hours per week up to full-time (preferred)
· Based in NYC and willing to work out of our office in the Flatiron/Union Square area
· A graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or a related field
· Experienced in web programming and development (2+ years preferred) and confident working in our stack
· Experienced in (or a strong desire for gaining skills in) people and/or project management
· Nimble and eager to learn new skills (e.g. mobile app dev) and technologies (e.g. HL7 standards)
· Ambitious with a strong desire to be an agent of change and growth in a rapidly evolving business
· A positive person who plays well with others and is passionate about our company and product
What puts you over the top:
· Educational or professional experience in healthcare
· Familiarity with mobile application development languages (Objective-C, Swift, Java)
What we can offer you:
· Make a difference working with a small and nimble team poised to change healthcare for the better
· Get some skin the game with a potential for profit sharing and an ownership stake in the company
· Have your voice heard and make an impact by being a trusted advisor to the leadership team
· Work directly with practicing MDs while learning more about the evolving healthcare landscape
· Enjoy perks such as educational credit, team lunches, milestone celebrations and more
MDCalc.com is the leading site for online clinical decision tools used by over one-third of healthcare professionals (HCPs) in the US. For the majority of our 130+ tools, we are the first Google search result, which drives thousands of HCPs to our site each day. We create value and trust by publishing carefully-researched, clinically-relevant and evidence-backed tools and equations with insights from the creators and experts in the field. We target a wide range of specialists who use MDCalc.com in a point-of-care setting. While primarily serving HCPs in North America, we have growing presence globally with users in over 50 countries. MDCalc.com's founders are two practicing Emergency Medicine physicians: Dr. Graham Walker and Dr. Joe Habboushe.