Maintaining the MassChallenge brand and upholding it to our certain standards is always of the utmost importance. The Graphic Design Intern works with the MassChallenge Marketing team to create content that creatively portrays our brand and analyzes all work to ensure that brand standards are considered in any print and online publications and materials.
Major responsibilities include:
- Create graphics and content. You will provide content for the website and also continually offer suggestions for improvement to our web design and UI/UX to ensure that both our internal dashboard and public-facing marketing site are well-designed and easy to navigate.
- Assist our marketing and events team. You will be responsible for creating designs to be used for events, sponsorship documents and promotional material. You and the marketing team will have ownership of all design needs and create materials ranging from booklets, advertisements, etc.
- Help with all design needs across different departments of the team. Designs include infographics, annual reports, wall graphics, entrance displays, etc. The MassChallenge team is continually updating designs and creating presentations, so your skills will be put to use to improve these and provide inventive materials.
Desired Skills & Background:
- Skills in Drupal Development are desirable
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and background – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with printing companies
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Benefits of working with MassChallenge
MassChallenge provides significant professional development and growth opportunities and access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs. Specifically, interns:
- Gain direct access to the world’s highest-impact startups across all industries.
- Gain direct access to the world’s best and most supportive startup resources, including top investors, corporate executives, politicians, university personnel and more.
- Learn how to optimize the growth of startups across multiple industries.
- Learn how and when startups should seek key resources and support.
General expectations of all applicants
- You are committed to success and will take this opportunity seriously.
- Ideally you can commit 40 hours per week, we require a commitment of at least 25 hours per week.
- You are excited about the mission of MassChallenge to “Help entrepreneurs win”.
- You will thrive on being at the center of the startup universe and take advantage of opportunities given to you during your internship.
- You can work effectively in a startup environment with relatively little structure.
- You are independent, biased to action, resourceful, and willing to learn while doing.
- You are well-versed in technology: We use: Macs, PCs, Microsoft Office, Smartsheet, Constant Contact, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Grasshopper, Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc.), Liquid Space, Salesforce, PayPal, Survey Monkey, Eventbrite and custom web applications and databases.
- You don’t need to be an expert in all of these platforms — but you need to be competent enough with technology to learn new software quickly.
All MassChallenge interns are offered unparalleled access to global startups, expert mentors and top service providers. The MassChallenge team devotes our time and energy to supporting our interns to ensure your success with MassChallenge and beyond.
Please note that MassChallenge is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, and startup, and all MassChallenge internships are unpaid.
MassChallenge is the largest-ever startup accelerator and competition, and the first to support high-impact, early-stage entrepreneurs with no strings attached. Benefits for startups include: 4 month accelerator program. World-class mentorship and training, free office space, access to funding, media and more.$1.75M+ in Cash Awards. $10M+ in-kind support.Open to all. Any startup can enter, from anywhere, in any industry.No equity taken. No restrictions applied.US President Barack Obama has identified MassChallenge as one of the nation's best organizations for supporting high-growth entrepreneurs, and MassChallenge was the youngest inaugural affiliate of the Startup America Partnership. Alumni startups have raised over $550M in outside funding and have already created nearly 4,000 jobs. The 2014 MassChallenge accelerator received ~1,600 applications from approximately 50 countries and 40 states. The program is open to anyone in the world, with any new startup, in any industry. The accelerator is headquartered in Massachusetts where innovation resources are highly concentrated — but there is no requirement for teams to create a physical presence in Massachusetts beyond the accelerator program. Every entrant receives training, feedback, PR and networking support via expert volunteers from partner organizations. Yearly, 128 of the highest-potential startups receive 3+ months of intensive mentorship and other free resources including office space and targeted introductions to customers and funding sources. The very best startups are identified by expert judges to receive cash awards toward launching their businesses along with enhanced PR and privileged access to top investors seeking to place seed capital to work in high-growth firms.