Reporting to the VP of Sales Operations, the Marketing Operations Manager is responsible for executing an integrated approach to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute a global suite of both Marketing and cross-functional initiatives and projects. As an individual contributor, this position will be the connecting tissue between the Global Marketing Programs Team and the Global Inside and Field Sales teams to ensure all teams are aligned to our marketing and sales goals.
The ideal candidate understands the business, develop and communicate a plan to stakeholders, and drive for on-time results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the VP of Sales Operations, the Chief Marketing Officer, the Vice President of Global Marketing Programs, and Director of Inside Sales to guide stakeholders to strategically prioritize the Marketing initiatives, helping stakeholders understand dependencies and trade-offs.
- Own and manage Service Level Agreements (SLA) relationship with the Sales team enabling close-loop marketing and sales operations.
- Define and recommend campaign flows and scoring schemes for programs in Marketo.
- Provide regular reporting on identified key marketing metrics.
- Work with all levels of the organization to communicate priority of work and ensure timely execution of core deliverables.
- Define scope and success criteria, plan schedules, drive work efforts, and monitor project/program from inception through delivery.
- Develop and manage ongoing communications with cross-functional team members and senior management in Marketing, Sales, Product Management, etc.
- Establish and extend best practices enterprise-wide by continuously iterating on project management processes and capturing lessons learned, resulting in improved efficiencies as the department matures.
- Research new marketing analytics and tracking tools, and make recommendations to improve the reporting of key marketing trends.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in program and/or project management while leading cross-functional efforts.
- Strong understanding of marketing and sales funnel and segmentation.
- Experience in direct and online B2B marketing within an enterprise software company is highly desirable.
- Experience developing lead scoring and nurturing programs that support marketing objectives.
- Experience with the inside sales bus model.
- Ability to understand workflow processes and systems within the Marketing/Sales cycle.
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication skills with proven ability to build relationships and foster collaboration with all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with Marketo, or other SaaS marketing automation tools. Marketo certification a plus.
- CRM experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC). 3+ years’ experience preferred.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to track results for several projects at any given time.
- Smart, analytical, creative, driven and is able to deliver results quickly.
- Proactively seeks feedback and input; actively listens and communicates well with others.
Black Duck provides the world’s only end-to-end platform for OSS Logistics, enabling enterprises of every size to optimize the opportunities and solve the logistical challenges that come with open source adoption, governance, and management. As part of the greater open source community, Black Duck connects developers to comprehensive OSS resources through the Black Duck Open Hub (formerly Ohloh.net), and to the latest commentary from industry experts through the Open Source Delivers blog. Black Duck is headquartered near Boston and has offices in Mountain View, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, and Beijing.