We are seeking a Director of Marketing to manage and maintain the company’s internal and external communications strategy including messaging, content and media. This person will drive lead generation through a campaign strategy that supports the company’s thought leader messaging and challenger based, C-level sale. Experience in email and direct mail campaigns in a B-to-B environment required. Background in either energy or real estate a plus. Familiarity with managed services also a plus.
This position will report directly to the VP of Sales & Marketing, and will start with one direct report – a Marketing Coordinator.
Essential functions & responsibilities of the Director of Marketing include:
- Drive all marketing communications, strategy and tactics, including: e-mail campaigns, social media, industry events, and public relations.
- Manage content marketing strategy, including internally and externally produced content.
- Lead the company’s reputation management strategy and take ownership of reputation management tactics.
- Work with product team to design and execute the go to market plan for new product releases.
- Write and oversee copy development for corporate materials, including: media materials, plans, presentations, reports, and communications documents.
- Manage and continuously update corporate website and align it with the company’s strategic positioning and messaging.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across departments, including: finance, legal, sales, and engineering
- Manage the distribution of relevant market intelligence to appropriate personnel
- Provide marketing & communications counsel
- Manage relationships with agencies and other outsourced vendors.
- Communicate with outside consultants, analysts and other industry influencers to promote the brand.
- Define/develop success metrics and reporting.
- Develop and maintain an approved budget.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field of study.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, or other related fields.
- Impeccable communication skills.
- Advanced marketing automation skills, preferably with Pardot and Salesforce.com.
- Fluency in MS Office.
- Familiarity with graphics design applications to generate drafts of materials.
- Ability to use data for decision-making in combination with intuition, common sense and judgment.
- Ability to work independently, take direction from others, solve problems with limited supervision, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- A collaborative work style, innovative thinking, strong work ethic, and sense of humor.
- Independent, highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-starter.
- Energetic, hard-working, and enthusiastic team player.
About Bright Power
Bright Power provides strategic energy solutions to building owners and operators in New York and across the nation. Specializing in multifamily apartment buildings, Bright Power’s suite of services saves clients energy, money and time. Bright Power's energy management solutions include EnergyScoreCards benchmarking software, energy audits, energy procurement, solar energy, green building, and construction management of energy improvements.