We’re building a like-minded team that is passionate about building a beautiful product that will change the way people think about eating. We work closely with one another to creatively solve problems and grow at a rapid, sustainable pace. Most importantly, though, we’re always surrounded by delicious food.
We’re looking for an intelligent, creative, and outgoing Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing Team. You must have a ridiculous love for food, and for meeting and connecting with new people (on- and offline), designing material that makes people smile and say, “I want that!”, and writing killer copy that Don Draper would be proud of. Going to food events, networking with industry members, and overseeing photoshoots and connecting with our online community should excite you tremendously. But really, you need to love food.
What You’ll Do:
- Update and coordinate events for yearly, monthly and weekly marketing calendar
- Post regularly across all channels based on social calendar
- Help write and design digital and print collateral (newsletters, postcards, sales pages, etc.)
- Schedule and coordinate marketing and networking events, and attend said events
- Come up with creative campaigns that will take Platterz to the next level
What You Need:
- Undergraduate degree (background in business, marketing, or design preferred)
- Outstanding communication skills, flawless writing, and impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills that will keep our engine running at full speed
- Design skills (Adobe Suite, picture and video editing, design principles) a big asset
- Solid understanding of all social networks, acquisition strategies, paid campaigns, and promotions
- Experience with MailChimp, Hootsuite, and Google Suite (Adwords, Analytics, SEO, etc.), an asset
- Did we mention a love for good food?
Working With Us:
We’re a performance-driven entrepreneurial team passionate about a job well-done. We embrace learning opportunities, creative problem solving, and ridiculous inside-jokes. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and make sure to balance out challenging days with fun nights.
We’re accessibly located at Yonge and St. Clair, with lots of amazing lunch options—not that you’ll need to go far for lunch… We are Platterz after all. If you like being part of startup strategy sessions, attending events with good food and interesting people, and contributing to an innovative environment, then we might be “the one” for you. If this sounds good, let’s talk.
Please provide a resume and cover letter telling us why you think you’re a good fit at Platterz and send it to jobs[at]platterz[dot]ca. Make sure to include your contact details and anything that might help you stand out (projects, portfolios, poems, etc). We read every application that comes our way, and will reach out to successful applicants.
Platterz is an equal opportunities employer, and we don’t discriminate based on race, sex, colour, faith, age, height, hair colour, shoe size, dietary preference, or if you like OneDirection (before or after Zayn left). We encourage anyone who’s right for the job to apply.
Platterz is an online marketplace for catered food. Our beautiful platform allows users to discover delicious platters from the city’s best restaurants and caterers, and order shareable food for the office, a special event, or a family dinner. The Platterz experience is all about gathering around the table and sharing food with good company. Our co-founders have a proven record in starting, scaling and exiting their companies.