- Develop an intimate understanding of the Mindspark data environment – data collection, data sources, key elements, data accessibility.
- Support key business initiatives with analytics and insight, acting as a quantitative consultant on projects.
- Advise product teams on product optimization via iterative testing, test design, implementation and analysis.
- Build and refine predictive and descriptive statistical models to improve insights, enhance data driven business strategies, and drive improved profitability.
- Validate testing results by tracking post-rollout performance.Document optimization successes and failures, building a library of knowledge for future optimization.
- Build systems to drive efficiencies in data collection and analysis.Create specifications for Tableau workbooks/reports for internal and external consumption.
- Find and advise on opportunities for further user segmentation and marketing / user experience targeting by segment.
- Create an analytical roadmap to advance granular understanding of user behavior and segmentation.
- Present updates, insights, and final recommendations with influence to diverse audiences
- Develop appropriate models for forecasting key outcomes
- Develop next-generation analytic approaches where current generation approaches are not adequate and thoroughly document the thinking and the details to enable future analysts to pick the work up
- Develop material and conduct training for both technical and business colleagues
Skills & Requirements
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts and context – ability to evaluate strength and relevance of a particular trend or finding
- Statistical models – regression and trend analyses
- Means testing – able to identify the appropriate tests and develop confidence intervals.
- Other business intelligence or statistical analysis tools would be helpful
- Understanding of accounting concepts and financial models
- Outstanding communication skills, self-starter, resourceful, entrepreneurial
- SQL is a plus
- Tableau experience is a plus
- 5+ years relevant experience with analytics in internet media and/or e-commerce, marketing, experience with A/B testing a plus.
- BA/BS in related discipline – Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering. Advanced degree a plus.
Mindspark is home to some of the most unique and engaging digital applications on the Web. We listen to consumers and our business partners to develop and market highly-targeted digital experiences for consumer audiences across a wide range of interests. Mindspark is the kind of company where creativity, technology savvy and innovative thinking thrive. Our passion for innovation and creativity comes from the smart, amazingly intelligent people we hire.