Mac – Senior Software Engineer
About the Role:
Join Yuzu and create the next generation of applications for education. Help us build world-class applications that connect students with their learning material and each other.
The successful candidate will have a history of developing Mac applications, a strong technical ability, excellent visual and interaction design sense, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This position is located in Mountain View, California.
- Design and build new applications from the ground up, implement new features, fix bugs, and improve
- performance of our applications
- Implement tools that interact closely with the Mac printing subsystem
- Work closely with your team to define and implement a compelling user experience and features
- 4+ years experience building and shipping application in a desktop environment
- 2+ years experience working with Cocoa
- A passion for creating great applications and user experiences
- A positive attitude towards close collaboration and working as part of a team
- Strong applied software methodology and agile process
- Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced development environment
- Impeccable understanding of memory management and multi-threaded development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Barnes & Noble is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/F/V/D
Education is transforming. Traditional content is being augmented by open content, desktop learning is transitioning to mobile learning, standards are being replaced by measured outcomes. Digital Education, in all its forms, is at the center of this transformation and Yuzu is an exciting incubator at the center of Digital Education. Created expressly to lead the transition, develop new ideas and innovative products, transform and disrupt educational content delivery and to support student learning, Yuzu is positioned to seize the incredible growth opportunity in the nascent digital education market. With direct channel access to 25% of students in US higher education, unique academic publisher partnerships, Yuzu will lead and thrive as the leading education digital content and technology company. Yuzu has teams in Mountain View, Seattle, New York and New Jersey, each specializing on core areas of educational technology and each enjoying the open and entrepreneurial feel of a start-up with the support and funding of a larger corporation.