Loggly is looking for a high-energy development engineer who is eager to design and deliver the innovative product sets that will drive the next phase of our growth.
Loggly‘s development team is responsible for designing and delivering the world’s most popular cloud-based log management solution. As a key engineer on this team, you will collaborate with engineers, product management, and the operations team to develop innovative features on top of our big data stack. You will have full lifecycle responsibilities for key product functionality, spanning design and development of features.
You will be expected to create robust, scalable, multi-threaded, and distributed systems that operate 24x7x365. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly innovative environment with new technologies as we continue to evolve our products and extend our leading market position. Our culture is fast-paced, performance-oriented, open and collegial, and lots of fun. This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
· 7 to 8 years of relevant experience in building large scale distributed software. SaaS and big data experience helpful
· Experience on working with a comparable scale system
· Experience with enterprise software helpful
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Extensive server-side software development skills in Java
· Demonstrated experience in authoring multi-threaded, high performance code
· Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms, software engineering design pattern and principles
· Strong experience with multi-tier service oriented architecture, including knowledge of Apache, Tomcat and web services
· Strong experience with building REST API, JSON, HTTP, RDBMS, Python
· Experience with Kafka, Elasticsearch and Amazon AWS platform is major plus
· Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environment
· Extensive experience building unit test and debugging systems
Loggly is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
**LOCAL candidates only**
**H1B transfers will be considered**
**NO relocation available**
**Must work onsite full-time in San Francisco, CA**
About Loggly Loggly is the world's most popular cloud-based, enterprise-class log management solution, used by more than 5,000 happy customers to effortlessly spot problems in real-time, easily pinpoint root causes and resolve issues faster to ensure application success. Founded in 2009 and based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Trinity Ventures, True Ventures, Matrix Partners, Cisco, Data Collective Venture Capital and others.