Loggy is looking for DevOps talent to help continue to grow our operations team and support the world’s most popular cloud-based log management service. If you enjoy working closely with developers to continuously improve the software, believe that any non-trivial task should be automated, understand and value log files, think that processing terabytes of data in near real-time is a good start, and enjoy squeezing the last cycle of power out of servers, VMs, and software then Loggly maybe the place for you.
The position will work closely with all parts of the company to help improve our product and ensure an excellent customer experience. You will work within an Agile environment to shepard updates from development through to production. Revamp our automation tools to better suit our growing environments. Improve our monitoring to catch and proactively repair issues before they become fires. Determine areas on the infrastructure that require improvement, upgrades, or expansion due to service growth. You will help in the deployment of new hardware and data centers as the infrastructure grows. Participation in an on-call rotation is required.
· 5-10 years experience administering Big Data infrastructures at scale.
· Experience with private and public cloud environments (especially AWS) and AWS services and APIs.
· Hands-on design and implementation of automation systems.
· Work with geographically distributed systems and complex network topologies.
· A high level of experience with open source tools and the OSS community.
· Excellent Unix/Linux server administration skills, including package management, bare metal installations, and virtualization.
· Data center build-outs and management (power and HVAC calculations, rack and stack, lights out management).
· Excellent system automation experience– Puppet, Ansible, Runbook, cfengine, etc.
· Solid understanding of Java applications, memory, and JVM management.
· Knowledge of security best practices, policies, and procedures a plus.
· Excellent scripting skills in shell or python.
· Experience maintaining monitoring systems like Nagios and New Relic.
· MySQL administration experience.
· Systems and software agnostic– will use the best available tool for the job.
Bonus Skills and Experience:
· Experience with Kafka, Elasticsearch, Hadoop or other NoSQL datastore is huge plus.
· Arista Networks, Juniper, JunOS, Cisco iOS.
· Data center migrations (to/from cloud, between locations, etc).
· Experience with continuous integration and version control systems– Jenkins, git, etc.
Loggly is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
**LOCAL candidates only**
**H1B transfers will be considered**
**NO relocation available**
**Must work onsite full-time in San Francisco, CA**
About Loggly Loggly is the world's most popular cloud-based, enterprise-class log management solution, used by more than 5,000 happy customers to effortlessly spot problems in real-time, easily pinpoint root causes and resolve issues faster to ensure application success. Founded in 2009 and based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Trinity Ventures, True Ventures, Matrix Partners, Cisco, Data Collective Venture Capital and others.