The Rivet reporter is responsible for creating the great Chicago-area stories that set Rivet apart.
- Researching, writing or adapting, and voicing new stories — from categories including sports, entertainment, business, health, science, politics, technology and lifestyle
- Ability to manage news information through tools such as NewsBoss, audio editing software, adherence to style (e.g., The Associated Press) and general computer skills
- 2 years’ experience as a news reporter
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A passion for telling stories
- Impeccable writing and polished delivery skills
- Social meda fluency a plus
- Journalism degree preferred
This is a part or full-time position.
About Rivet Radio
Founded in 2012 by a self-funded team with dreams of changing for the better the way people listen to news on-the-go, we launched our first app in late 2013. Since then, Rivet Radio’s audience has grown tremendously. Our mission is to transform news listening for the digital age. We are dedicated to changing the way news is produced and delivered, creating the best listening experience on the planet.