Leaf who? We’re a three year-old and still growing tech company on a mission to disrupt the mobile payments space. Our team is a diverse group of passionate and successful entrepreneurs, engineers, and developers from all over the world. (We’re also dancers, pilots, athletes, avid sports fans, and artists!) We operate from our headquarters near Kendall Sq/MIT in Massachusetts (T-friendly!), the leading hub of innovation and technology.
We are looking to hire some top-notch talent looking to be empowered to make decisions and work directly with the business.
We use an Agile process and we take thoroughly-calculated risks. Our software lives in the Cloud, and we use Git for speedy source control.
Why work for us? If you want the thrill of working in a rapidly-changing environment using cutting edge technology in a talented, ambitious and diverse team, then this is the place for you!
What does Leaf do? Leaf is a cloud business management platform that promotes real-time interaction between merchants and their customers. Our purpose is to help small business owners across the nation fight against the big guys. We make sense out of small business’ data in order to help business owners learn about their businesses. We also deliver digital receipts, integrate across social networks, capture real-time customer feedback, and constantly donate to charity, all in an effort to have consumers experience greater convenience and rewards while at the same time making a global difference.
What we offer? Beyond a relaxed atmosphere (shorts and sandals are OK with us):
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Choose your own laptop (hint: we like Apple products)
- We have money for trainings and conferences
- We have beer, cereal, snacks, and video games (did someone say champagne toast)
What You’ll Do
- Contribute as a senior member of the mobile team delivering apps and services for the Android platform
- Participate in code reviews, wireframe designs and proof of concepts
- Work with QA team in analyzing and resolving production issues and defects.
- Work with the team in app deployment activities
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Relocation available for qualified candidates!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer looking for the best talent to join our team and help us build an amazing product, culture and company.
Who We Seek? We are looking for a Senior Android Software Engineer to work on our current Android application, as well as help us build the next generation Leaf Platform on Android including Android Applications, Android Services, and Android OS customization. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of solutions on the Android platform. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Android design and development, with one or more apps in the Google Play app store.
As a Senior Android Software Engineer, this is a hands-on development role which means you must be comfortable coding and mentoring other members of the Mobile team. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of a large company. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, and escalating issues as needed. The successful applicant will work closely with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions.
- Passion for coding and a sense of pride in your work
- Bachelor’s degree, MS or PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years with deep understanding of Android UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android apps
- 5+ years of broad knowledge of Java, Eclipse and other IDE tools
- An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns.
- Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications
- Experience integrating with RESTful API backends
- Experience with Unit Testing on the Android Platform
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Android NDK (Native Development Kit)
- Experience with Android PDK (Platform Development Kit)
- Experience with AOSP (Android Open Source Project)
- Experience writing shared services for the Android Platform
Leaf started out as an idea on a napkin at a bar. After two years and many returns to the drawing board, we’re a rapidly growing tech company at the forefront of the revolution in changing the way brick and mortar merchants do business. We believe that technology can (and should) enhance the customer experience, and that learning from data is the best way to grow a small business. Our purpose is to help small business owners across the nation fight against the giants. We help small business owners not only grow their businesses using their own performance data, but also improve the way they connect with their customers. Join Leaf today and help small business owners everywhere.