What might you find yourself doing here?
- Know your users, know your product, and know your metrics so you can use this insight to inform your design of intuitive web, mobile, and product experiences.
- Depending on the situation, dynamically determine the most efficient methods to communicate your vision to the Product and Engineering team.
- Gracefully move between creating process flows, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, mockups, rich designs, and crude hieroglyphs to get the best user experience to market quickly.
- Collaborate with the Product Management and Engineering team to ensure all products are implemented to design specifications.
- Balance pushing performance metrics with delighting customers.
- Glean insights about our users and our product by creating and conducting user studies – usability tests, focus groups, surveys, and direct interviews.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Establish best practices for UI/UX at SpotHero.
- Align with brand guidelines across all channels.
The role calls for…
- An experienced designer capable in all aspects of the design process: user research, conceptualizing ideas, wireframing, visual design, as well as iterating on existing designs based on new data to continue improving our product while accomplishing specific goals.
- Strong communication skills. You will be responsible for communicating and selling your product vision to stakeholders throughout the company.
- Solid design skills across many design disciplines. You will be designing the product from end to end, and must have the skills to do so.
- Collaboration. We’re a small startup in our growth phase, so strong partnership with the Engineering and Product teams is a must.
- Comfort and confidence in a fast-paced environment. We have aggressive goals, so the ability to make informed decisions and move quickly is a critical.
- A partnership with the Product and Engineering team throughout the entire product development process to ensure the product comes to life as planned.
- Effectively balancing strategic business goals with designing the best possible experience for our users.
- Gleaning insights about our users and our product by creating and conducting user studies – usability tests, focus groups, surveys, and direct interviews.
- Formulating and testing hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics. Our ideal candidate has experience with A/B and Multivariate testing and is at home in a heavily data-informed design process.
- Establishing both visual and interaction design best practices for our product.
- Creating product design guidelines that not only fit within our brand, but help define it.
- Help build and lead our product design team.
Our ideal designer is…
- Comfortable working within a collaborative, agile development team in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- An ability to innovate while working within the constraints of business needs and customer expectations.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in visual, user interface, and interaction design. Opinions on the oxford comma are appreciated, though not required.
- Able to establish and implement design patterns and best practices across various platforms.
- Experienced in Interaction Design- specifically creating wireframes, site flows, prototypes, mockups, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web and mobile app technologies, standards, constraints, and best practices.
- 4+ years experience with web design (mobile and desktop) and native mobile app design (Android and iOS).
- Experience designing and conducting usability tests and user interviews.
- Expert in all software necessary to do the job effectively and efficiently- including but not limited to Adobe products, wireframing and/or prototyping tools, and a willingness to learn new software, techniques, and processes as necessary.
- This position requires doing all kinds of work, you must be able and willing to do the small tasks as well as focus on the bigger picture.
- Willingness to learn and be open to new ideas and processes. We’re not looking for somebody who is stuck in their ways.
SpotHero is an on-demand parking app helping drivers find parking and reserve a spot up to 50% off with convenient garages, lots and valets. SpotHero allows you to search and book available parking options in Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, Milwaukee, New York, Denver, Philadelphia, Newark, New Orleans, Minneapolis and Baltimore. By reserving your parking online ahead of time through SpotHero, you know exactly how much you're going to pay, and where you're going to park. You can view parking rates at different parking garages on the map that are near the address you're searching for. Happy Parking!