Meetup has been a force in the tech community for years, providing a home-from-home to millions of people attending hundreds of thousands of Meetups every month. Today we have 18 million members—1 million in New York City alone—and we’re reinventing Meetup for global scale and mobile apps as the primary platform. To meet this growth, we’ve built a brand new Trust & Safety Team and we’re streamlining and automating many of the functions of our Community Team. The next step is to hire an awesome Lead Software Engineer to oversee development of our internal tools and systems. That’s where you come in!
As a Product ace and experienced Tools engineer, you’ll reimagine the ways that better tooling will help us scale. Most importantly you’ll serve as tech lead for the team that’s responsible for all internal software products.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Improve the effectiveness of our Community and Trust & Safety teams with distributed systems that enable a scalable response and investigations flow
- Build applications to automate functions and increase the efficiency of our Community Specialists
- Construct fraud detection models and machine learning pipelines to flag bad actors
- Detect and suppress spam and other forms of abuse
- Create data analysis and operations tools to provide business and operational insights
- Oversee the full stack development of all internal tools and systems
- Partner cross-functionally with multiple engineering teams as well as Community, Trust & Safety, and Data
What we’d like from you:
- 3+ years’ experience as an engineering lead
- Solid knowledge of full-stack engineering and web API interaction
- Hands-on experience with relational databases and understanding of SQL
- Ability to effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical teams alike
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
Our team is smart, ambitious, and supportive—above all, we love what we do! While meeting regular deadlines and being focused on quick, quality completion of projects, the environment is relaxed and fun.
If the above describes you and your passions, we want to hear from you!
Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 9,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities. Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference.