Have a significant impact on the look, feel, and functionality of the core of our business: the Vimeo.com creator platform and tools. Work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, stakeholders, and other designers to advocate user-centered design, execute product vision, and hit business objectives while maintain Vimeo’s simple, user-centered design aesthetic. Lead a team of talented and passionate designers to iterate and improve creator tools.
Passionate advocates for the user, evangelists of consistent, functional, iterative design, and believers in goal oriented product design, step right up.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead design functions for the creator platform and tools across the site
- Become an expert on Vimeo, our creators, design sensibility, suite of creator tools, subscription funnel, and the greater landscape for subscription/video tools
- Track industry trends and relevant developments from external perspectives identifying data relevant to Vimeo
- Define UI patterns that can be integrated or repurposed across the site using research, data, and usability experience
- Enhance all creator projects with an eye towards scalability and sustainability
- Suggest tests, updates, and new projects with a focus on hitting business and team goals
- Turn constructive feedback into project enhancements and be adept at reading between the lines of what people are reacting to in a design solution
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar design role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Previous experience with product design on a single project, iterating over time
- “Full-Stack” designer: UX, UI, visual, HTML/CSS prototypes
- Experience with a large-scale web application, preferably one that deals primarily with UGC content
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience –. Your work should reflect the ability to simplify complex experiences and communicate how your designs solve problems.
- Well-rounded understanding of user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles
- Experience working in a collaborative team of designers, developers, and product managers
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience is ideal.
- Experience with video-based products
- An existing presence in the design community as a thought leader through writing/speaking engagements
Vimeo is the high-quality home for videos and the people who love them. Our mission is to empower and inspire people around the world to create, discover, share, and even sell their videos — minus the interruptive advertising. We also aim to build the best tools in existence for professional video creators, including our completely open VOD platform. Vimeo is one of the world’s largest creative networks; we have over 40 million registered members and reach a global audience of more than 160 million each month. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.