Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 8 million users across the world. We have redefined the learning management system to make online education a community effort between the students, the teachers and the parents.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We need smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren’t afraid to show it.
What you can expect:
We are a true startup, founded by a group of world-class entrepreneurs and engineers. What can you expect as an employee at Schoology?
- You can expect to work in an energetic, supportive team of engineers, who will challenge you to be your best.
- You can expect *not* to be micro-managed. We hire mature, self-starters who don’t need to be supervised every second of the day.
- Expect to learn from being surrounded by an exceptional team of business people, engineers and product visionaries!
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership for the “mobile squad,” specifically for the iOS & Android platforms. You’ll also contribute heavily to the development of our iOS application
- Guiding your team of engineering, and QA personnel through scrum sizing, tasking, execution, and retrospective activities
- Working closely with our product management and user experience teams to decompose new requirements, present tradeoff opportunities, and help scope releases
What we’d like:
- Experience leading cross-functional technical teams, including both engineering, QA & UX resources
- 3+ years experience developing native iOS applications with Objective-C and Cocoa frameworks/libraries
- 2+ years experience developing native Android applications with Java.
- Experience articulating and reviewing mobile application architectures
- Strong understanding of core CS principles, including OOA/D
- Strong understanding of multi-threading in mobile apps
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Good communications skills and organization skills
What we’d really like:
- Understanding of automated testing best practices in the mobile space
- Familiarity with variants of agile development methodologies
- An interest in utilizing Apple’s new programming language, Swift
- Strong fundamental understanding of web application technology
At Schoology, we strive to stay curious, learn something every day, and always be open to new ideas. We’re on a unique journey, and this is just the beginning. Come join us and let’s build it. Together.
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.