Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 10 million users across the world. We have redefined the learning management system to make online education a community effort between the students, the teachers and the parents.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We need smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren’t afraid to show it.
What you can expect:
How many companies can say that their CEO and CTO are both technical Co-founders? Schoology can! Engineering is our life-blood. We are a high-growth company, founded by a group of world-class entrepreneurs and engineers. What can you expect as an employee at Schoology?
- You can expect to work in an energetic, supportive team of engineers, who will challenge you to be your best.
- You can expect *not* to be micro-managed. We hire mature, self-starters who don’t need to be supervised every second of the day.
- Expect to learn from being surrounded by an exceptional team of business people, engineers and product visionaries!
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership for the “mobile squad,” specifically for the iOS & Android platforms. You’ll also contribute heavily to the development of our iOS and/or Android application.
- Design our mobile app architecture
- Guiding your team of engineering, and QA personnel through scrum sizing, tasking, execution, and retrospective activities
- Working closely with our product management and user experience teams to decompose new requirements, present tradeoff opportunities, and help scope releases
What we’d like:
- Experience leading cross-functional technical teams, including both engineering, QA & UX resources
- 3+ years experience developing native iOS applications with Objective-C and Cocoa frameworks/libraries and/or 3+ years experience developing native Android applications with Java. You must have deep expertise in iOS or Android, and an interest in working across both of them.
- Experience articulating and reviewing mobile application architectures
- Strong understanding of core CS principles, including OOA/D
- Strong understanding of multi-threading in mobile apps
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Good communications skills and organization skills
Schoology is the education technology company transforming the learning process by engaging educators, students and advisors with a more personalized, collaborative experience. More than nine million people from 60,000 K-12 schools and universities around the world use Schoology to transform how they teach and learn.