Glue is a social communication app looking for a full-time NYC based iOS Developer. We recently closed our first round of funding, have begun gaining very encouraging traction, and opened our office space this past month in DUMBO.
Glue is on the verge of becoming an incredibly fast growing company with a surprisingly small staff. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor, prove yourself, and grow into a high level position with generous stock options. We’re about to have our hockey stick moment and the time has come to find someone special to help get us there.
You need to live in NYC and be willing to come in to work as often as we need — we are building a world changing application here!! (but you may get to work from home often). Relocation can be discussed.
- extensive iOS (Swift) knowledge and production capabilities
- have experience shipping live iOS code
- prior early-stage startup experience
- experience with location and chat-based applications
- working backend knowledge of node.js/CoffeeScript/Express/MongoDB
- Building on and iterating the front end (Swift)
- Working on the backend and full stack architecture with current dev team (node.js/CoffeeScript)
- Coming up with your own UX/UI ideas for Glue and bringing them to life
- Pouring yourself free, artisanal coffee
- Hanging w/ super cool people all day
- Being prepared to handle whatever else may be thrown your way
Glue is a communication layer built for the new mobile world; it keeps you connected to stuff going on in your network via a real-time feed of social activity. This feed is generated using real-time messaging, idea sharing, and collaboration to form temporary activity-driven groups of users that are easily shareable and discoverable. Once created, these groups can be added to, combined or split up. They are dynamic and evolving – just like your life!