Roomi is looking for experienced Android engineers to join our engineering team in SF and NYC to help build the Roomi Android app.
You must have made significant contributions to a popular (1000+ reviews) Android app.
- 1-3 years of experience building Android apps – Someone who has developed beautiful, useful apps that are live in the Google Play store. An engineer who’s comfortable handling plenty of responsibility and can see a project to completion with minimal help and intervention.
- Write code that will be used by millions
- Work closely with Product Management, UX and UI Designers as well as our backend developer team to implement new and better things
You should be an expert in:
- Android application architecture and design
- Writing and shipping quality, testable code
- Building adaptive, responsive, accessible, stable user interfaces
- Working with evolving APIs
- Application performance and tuning (memory, CPU, battery life)
- Client/server architectures, syncing and caching approaches
- Concurrency, asynchronous & multithreading patterns
- Working on teams with shared codebases
- Putting a smile on our members face
You should be excited about:
- Working in a dynamic team alongside API engineers and product team
- Debugging, testing, tracing (lldb, XCTest, DTrace)
- The good parts of Agile
- CoreData, SQLite, multiple contexts and versioned stores
- Cocoapods, Layer, Firebase, Parse and more
- The changing landscape of app development
Roomi is re-inventing the roommate search by prioritizing the person as much as the place and price. Our free, mobile app simplifies the roommate search with straightforward tools. Instantly post and find rooms. Make meaningful connections based on shared values, common interests, and compatible lifestyles. Roomi is there for you before, during and after the move, helping you feel at home as part of our dynamic, co-living community. By helping people live better together, Roomi is changing the world, one shared home at a time.