IXL is seeking motivated curriculum designers to join our language arts content team. As a curriculum designer at IXL, you will design engaging and interactive language arts questions for grades K-12. Throughout the development cycle, you’ll collaborate with software engineers, visual designers, and our team of writers and editors as you bring your designs to life. Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and perfectionist mindset will drive the success of our language arts product.
This is a full-time position in our San Mateo office.
- Use your highly trained brain to be a subject-matter expert for our language arts curriculum
- Design fun, engaging, and interactive language arts questions that are targeted to specific learning objectives
- Write and edit user-facing content and collaborate with our team of writers and editors to ensure content is of the highest quality
- Develop and manage project plans
- Review product prototypes and make design recommendations
- Advise software engineers, visual designers, product designers, and company leaders on appropriate content and assessment strategies
- Work with the engineering team to determine how to algorithmically generate language arts questions
- Brainstorm ideas for improving IXL’s existing language arts content
- Research and analyze content requirements, including domestic and international educational standards
- Stay current on related scholarly and business trends
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Education, English, Linguistics, or a related field
- Demonstrated technical abilities – Knowledge of computer programming, mobile, and web technologies is a plus
- English teaching, tutoring, or mentoring experience is required
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide range of age groups
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Passion for technology and improving education through technology
- Ability to think strategically and creatively solve problems
- Highly self-motivated with a strong attention to detail
- Broad range of personal and professional interests
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located at IXL.com) is the world’s most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our products include Quia Web, the original ‘create-your-own’ website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.