What you’ll do:
- Lead all technology efforts and expansion.
- Understand the tech landscape and provide solutions to properly scale.
- Translate the strategic vision into an executable technical roadmap.
- Hire, manage, and retain top talent in both the Chicagoland and St. Louis area.
- Collaborate with executive and cross-functional product team to form engineering roadmap.
- Constantly remove organizational bottlenecks and scale issues as the team grows.
- Collaborate on key architectural decisions and design consideration.
- Track and manage key metrics like system costs, team performance and business KPIs.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to attract and retain top engineering talent.
- Previous start-up experience is required
- Strong bias for action. Mistakes are ok, going slow is not. Must be able to adapt to change quickly and efficiently.
- Able to partner with key stakeholders, including: Exec team, Product Management, Marketing etc…
- Ability to break down a strategic roadmap into a focused series of wins that the team can rally around.
- Ability to see multiple solutions to problems and choose the right one for the situation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven history scaling small teams into large and efficient teams.
- Background in object oriented development and familiarity with the following technologies: Java, JSON, XML, JSP and Servlet containers (e.g. Tomcat), RDBMS, Continuous Integration tools (e.g Jenkins).
About Label Insight
LabelINSIGHT is a rapidly growing VC backed start-up growing in the Chicago and St. Louis markets. Starting as FoodEssentials, LabelINSIGHT is now the industry’s most powerful and innovative consumer facing product data insight exchange for CPG manufacturers and retailers. The industry's largest retailers and manufacturers are looking at the LabelINSIGHT platform as an integral solution to manage their product data, increasing their ability to respond to the demands for transparency in the market. LabelINSIGHT's partnership with the FDA, proprietary technology, and scientific data structures set us apart from all other solutions in the industry. Our mission has always been to make vast amounts of product label data accessible and easily analyzable.