In a nutshell:
Our Product Engineering team is a lean, yet effective team. As a UX Designer you will be a key member of the product team helping us shape and improve the visualization of our SaaS platform for our thousands of users. The ideal candidate has a passion and eye for designing clean and simplistic design.
- You are excited and passionate about new and well-designed web apps and technologies
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently
- Working closely with a development team is something you have done and enjoy
- You’re passionate about solving difficult, user experience problems in the simplest, most elegant way
- Proven ability to create user-centered design based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals
- Help define and shape the CSS architecture, help create clean and modular HTML markup.
- Collaborate with our Design and Product teams to craft beautiful, highly-functional user interfaces for web, mobile and/or software applications
- 5+ years of UX/UI design
- Experience using jQuery, prototype, and other animation / interactivity tools
- Experience with at least one major UX design tool such as Sketch, Omnigraffle or Axure.
- Thorough understanding of HTML & CSS
- Mobile platform design patterns (iOS and Android specifically)
- Must be a self-starter with a proven track record of excellent communication and listening skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
About Label Insight
LabelINSIGHT is a rapidly growing VC backed start-up growing in the Chicago and St. Louis markets. Starting as FoodEssentials, LabelINSIGHT is now the industry’s most powerful and innovative consumer facing product data insight exchange for CPG manufacturers and retailers. The industry's largest retailers and manufacturers are looking at the LabelINSIGHT platform as an integral solution to manage their product data, increasing their ability to respond to the demands for transparency in the market. LabelINSIGHT's partnership with the FDA, proprietary technology, and scientific data structures set us apart from all other solutions in the industry. Our mission has always been to make vast amounts of product label data accessible and easily analyzable.