What you’ll do:
- Continuing evolution of the professionalization of the company’s financial reporting
- Work cross functionally to improve operational metric reporting and transparency
- Direct involvement in the entire accounting function, including “ownership” of the company’s books. This includes all aspects of the monthly, quarterly and annual closes, including reconciliations and variance analysis
- Oversight and direct involvement within the operational aspects of the accounting department, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, cash management, banking and debt processes and other accounting/finance operations.
- Manage the HR function, including recruiting, hiring, performance management, terminations, and legal compliance
- Lead the legal function, pro-actively identifying risks, working with external counsel to develop recommendations, and then implementing solutions
- Financial modeling, including scenario and cash flow analysis
- Manage the company budget, approve expenses, develop and implement company policies
- Respond to various ad-hoc investor requests
- Work with Executive team to build finance and personal dashboards
- Responsibility for proactive identification of organizational and operational risks, as well as working with the CEO and the rest of the executive team to develop efficient processes to manage those risks as the company continues its rapid growth.
- Oversight of the company’s tax processes at the state and federal levels.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required
- Experience working at a SaaS company required
- Strong financial (especially cash flow) modeling skills
- CPA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in finance/operations role
- Experience in a technology or other high growth early stage firm required
- Experience in a public company a big plus, but not required
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strategic thinker with a tactical hands-on approach
- Superior written, verbal & interpersonal skills
- Proactive and self-driven with the ability to think creatively within a flexible environment
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task & prioritize in a fast paced culture
- Strong process skills and the ability to develop and implement process with confidence and sensitivity in a relatively unstructured environment
- Effective leader and mentor with the ability to be a solid team player as well
About Label Insight
LabelINSIGHT is a rapidly growing VC backed start-up growing in the Chicago and St. Louis markets. Starting as FoodEssentials, LabelINSIGHT is now the industry’s most powerful and innovative consumer facing product data insight exchange for CPG manufacturers and retailers. The industry's largest retailers and manufacturers are looking at the LabelINSIGHT platform as an integral solution to manage their product data, increasing their ability to respond to the demands for transparency in the market. LabelINSIGHT's partnership with the FDA, proprietary technology, and scientific data structures set us apart from all other solutions in the industry. Our mission has always been to make vast amounts of product label data accessible and easily analyzable.