CBS Local Media seeks a Junior Video Editor for day-to-day operations ofstudio and location based video editing and production work.
The successful candidate needs to be motivated andorganized with an critical eye for detail and an ability to follow processesthat speed up post production and maintains thehigh quality standards across multiplebusiness units with CBS Local Media.
Candidateshould be comfortable working in a studio facility and in the field for contentacquisition.
This position calls for someone who can meet tightdeadlines and communicate any issues to the rest of the team, their projectmanager and their manager.
While we have a standard 9 am – 5 pm work time table, deliveryobligations will dictate Junior editor work agenda. This might include working latenights, early mornings and weekends.
Strongexamples of hands-on video content production and post-production work are amust. Candidate must have education and experience with NLE programs such as AdobePremiere, Final Cut Pro
Primarydistribution channel for all content is both digital and on-demand platforms.
- Reports to Post ProductionManager and will be responsible for day-to-day post production activities asthey occur in (and outside) the studio.
- Work with CBS Local contentdirectors and project managers to create/produce content as it relates tosports, lifestyle, news and music.
- Primary focus will be postproduction/video editing and management for all production assets within CBSLocal.
- Manage sound libraries, assetmanagement and archiving of completed projects.
- Shoot/produce/film content usingvarious HD cameras and broadcast switching technology.
- Operate and manage the audiomixing surfaces/hardware and cables for audio production..
- Take direction from producerswhen editing video clips. Prepare clips for syndication by presenting roughcuts, making edits, and loading content into the CBS video syndication tool.
- Collaborate, brainstorm,multi-task and manage projects with content directors/producers and othereditors.
- Deliver Final Videos to Specs,along with Cue Sheets and masters for archiving.
- Associate orbachelor’s degree in media production or related field.
- 1-3 yearsexperience in broadcast/media production with an emphasis on editing and postproduction.
- Proficientin non-linear editing suites such as FCP, Adobe Premiere and/or Sony Vegas.
- Strongpost-production experience in audio, video log and capture/transfer, editing,compositing, and format/compression specific output (H.264, AAC, MP3, etc).
- Proficientat hand-held camera work and knowledgeable about the latest HD camera technology.
- Solidexperience with the production process including sound and lighting as well asshot composition.
- Strongknowledge of Avid Pro Tools and audio editing.
- Highlydriven and self-motivated; works well independently and under pressure.
- Knowledge ofNewtek Tricaster operations a plus.
About CBS Local
CBS Local launched in 2012. CBS Local Digital Media personalizes the global reach of CBS-owned and operated television and radio stations with a local perspective.