We’re looking for junior back end developer to optimize existing code and develop new clean, fast, and efficient code to make appFigures even better.. As a junior back end developer you’ll be optimizing and enhancing the platform that’s used daily by tens of thousands of members world wide. Like every member of the appFigures team you’ll also be involved in making decisions about product development and the user experience.
- Adding new features to our API.
- Integrating new data sources.
- Refactoring and optimizing our existing code base so it’s more modular.
- Participating in high level design decisions about the appFigures platform.
- Fixing bugs or other issues quickly.
- Working with a team of intelligent developers who are passionate about the platform and their craft.
- A formal education in a computer science related field.
- Can speak curly braces (PHP, Java, or C#) and understand OOP.
- played with MySQL and maybe even Memcached or MongoDB.
- Passion for technology and the web
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality assurance.
What Wouldn’t Hurt:
- Contributions to open source projects, blogs, books, and high scores on Stack Overflow.
- A solid understanding of coding standards and conventions.
- You apply the DRY principle to everything, even when you’re not programming.
- Understanding of web serving and the hardware behind it.
- Some knowledge of Linux
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Strong 401(k) retirement plan
- Pre-tax transit benefits, subsidized gym memberships and excellent discounts on hundreds of other well-known services and products
- Plenty of paid time-off and work-from-home days
- Awesome work station with multiple monitors and all the gadgets you need, even a 3D printer
- Fully stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and drinks
- Personal project days
- Weekly catered lunches
- Whiskey Fridays
- Parties for employees and members
appFigures is an app store intelligence platform that delivers actionable insights through comprehensive reports of an app's performance in order to make better data-driven decisions. The platform features an intuitive user interface and easy-to-use tools that offer app owners the flexibility to customize how their data is delivered.