As a Software Engineer Intern, you will work as a member of our engineering team to add features to our site. You will find and use the best technologies to add features to our successful products as well as to build new products. You’ll be involved in all aspects of the development process – including design, coding, testing, debugging, and tuning. In addition to working with your fellow engineers, you’ll collaborate with other teams to design the best product to meet the needs of our users, who are students and teachers in all 50 states and over 190 countries.
- Have a solid grasp of general programming principles.
- Excellent programming skills in Java or other object-oriented language.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a wide variety of teams.
- Passion for improving education through technology.
Our Engineering Team
We have a small and talented team of smart, creative, and fun engineers with degrees from Stanford, CMU, Harvard, Berkeley, Cornell, and other top schools. The work inspires us to do the best we can each day; we know that the code that we write will be used by students and teachers around the world. Our goal is to transform teaching and learning by making major leaps forward in educational technology.
About IXL Learning
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We’re passionate about creating and supporting the best educational technology possible by developing dramatically innovative first-of-their-kind products. We look beyond the specific problems of today to see the bigger picture, with the ultimate goal of improving learning itself. People count on us to make learning as effective as it can be, and we are deeply committed to solving the real-world challenges faced by students and teachers around the planet.