We are currently accepting full-time interns for the 2015-2016 school year.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will work as a member of our engineering team to add features to our site. You will find and use the best technologies to add features to our successful products as well as to build new products. You’ll be involved in all aspects of the development process – including design, coding, testing, debugging, and tuning. In addition to working with your fellow engineers, you’ll collaborate with other teams to design the best product to meet the needs of our users, who are students and teachers in all 50 states and over 190 countries.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Have a solid grasp of general programming principles
- Excellent programming skills in Java or other object-oriented language
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a wide variety of teams
- Passion for improving education through technology
Our Engineering Team
We have a small and talented team of smart, creative, and fun engineers with degrees from Stanford, CMU, Harvard, Berkeley, Cornell, and other top schools. The work inspires us to do the best we can each day; we know that the code that we write will be used by students and teachers around the world. Our goal is to transform teaching and learning by making major leaps forward in educational technology.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located at IXL.com) is the world’s most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original ‘create-your-own’ website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.