IXL is the world’s most popular subscription-based learning website, currently used by more than five million students around the globe. We are looking for product designers to assist our product managers in designing new features for IXL. This is an entry-level position.
As a product designer at IXL, you will be involved in all aspects of the product development cycle, including brainstorming, design, testing, documentation, and support. Your creative solutions, clean designs, and extraordinarily high standards will drive the success of our products.
- Produce innovative, simple solutions to design issues.
- Work with user interface designers to create beautiful mockups.
- Design user flows and high-level behavior for new features.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to help determine the best implementation methods.
- Understand our users and their educational needs.
- Help diagnose and resolve user support issues.
- Work with employees from other departments, including marketing, sales, and technical support, to gather requirements and coordinate projects.
- Conduct competitive analysis and other research projects.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a wide variety of teams.
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for improving education through technology.
- Interest or experience in K-12 education is a plus.
About IXL Learning
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We’re passionate about creating and supporting the best educational technology possible by developing dramatically innovative first-of-their-kind products. We look beyond the specific problems of today to see the bigger picture, with the ultimate goal of improving learning itself. People count on us to make learning as effective as it can be, and we are deeply committed to solving the real-world challenges faced by students and teachers around the planet.